For the benefit of outstation students, the college provides boarding facilities at reasonable charges around the campus –exclusively for boys and girls, which are dedicated and quality facilities for the students. Homely food is served for students here. And provisions for regular Medical checkup and Treatment in case of emergencies are also taken care of.
Nursing education involves out bound training sessions. A special fleet of buses are deployed for transporting students from the college to the hospital; however the expenses of transportation will be collected from the students.
Placement and training
Students are provided placement assistance with major hi-tech hospitals. A separate placement cell helps students who seek placements.
UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION REGULATIONS ON CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING AT R.V.COLLEGE OF NURSING, BANGALORE
- The advertisement for admissions are clearly mentioned that ragging is totally banned in our college, and anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging is liable to be punished appropriately.
- A student seeking admission to the hostel shall have to submit an additional undertaking in Annexure I (both Parts) along with his/her application for hostel accommodation.
- The College & Hostels, have tightened the security in its premises, especially at the vulnerable places, If necessary, intense policing are also being resorted to at such points at odd hours during the early months of the academic session.
- The faculties/departments/units of the college have made induction arrangements (including those which anticipate, identify and plan to meet any special needs of any specific section of students) in place well in advance of the beginning of the academic year with a clear sense of the main aims and objectives of the induction process.
- Freshers are encouraged to report the incidents of ragging, either as victims, or even as witnesses.
- Setting up of Committees and their functions:The Anti-Ragging Committee: - The Anti-Ragging Committee is also headed by the Head of the Intuition and shall consist of representatives of faculty members, parents, students belonging to the fresher’s category as well as seniors and non-teaching staff. It shall monitor the anti-ragging activities in the Institutions; consider appropriate decisions, including spelling out suitable punishments to those found guilty.
- Regular & Periodic psychological counseling and orientation for students (for fresher’s separately, as well as jointly with seniors) by professional counselors during the Institution and department/course levels, have been arranged with the involvement of Parents and teachers in the sessions.
- Fresher’s welcome parties are organized in each department by the senior students and the faculty together soon after admissions, preferably within the first two weeks of the beginning of the academic session, for proper introduction of one another and where the talents of the fresher’s are brought out properly in the presence of the faculty, thus helping them to overcome their inferiority complex.
- Punishment at the Institution levels: Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the Institution level.
- Supervision from attending classes & academic privileges;
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship & other/other benefits;
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process;
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the Institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.,
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the Institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- Fine ranging between Rupees 25,000/- and Rupees 1 lakh
- Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
|Sl.no||Name of the staff||Designation||Position|
|1.||Prof. B.H.Rajashekaraiah||Principal R.V.C.N||Chairman|
|2.||Mrs. Mamata Nishcal||Assoc., Professor,||Member Secretary|
|3.||Mrs. Sheela J.||Asst., Professor||Member|
|4.||Sri. Padmarajaiah Y.P||Admn., Officer||Member|
|5.||Mrs. Elizebeth Shashi Kumari||Residential Warden(Girls Hostel)||Member|
|6.||Mr. Ranganath||Residential Warden(Boys Hostel)||Member|
|7.||Representatives of I, II, III & IV year Basic B.Sc., Nursing students||Four Students Representatives||Members|
|8.||Representatives of I year Basic B.Sc., Nursing students parents||Parents of two I year Basic B.Sc., Nursing Students||Members|
ANNEXURE – I, Part I
UNDERTAKING BY THE CANDIDATE/STUDENT
1. I ___________________________________________________Son /Daughter
admitted to I year Basic B.sc., Nursing Course for the academic year have carefully read and fully understood the law prohibiting ragging and the directions of the Supreme Court and the Central/State Government in this regard.
2. I have received a copy of the University Grants Commission, New Delhi, Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Intuitions, 2009, and have carefully gone through it.
3. I hereby undertake that
- I will not indulge in any behavior or act that may come under the definition of ragging.
- I will not participate in or abet or propagate ragging in any form,
- I will not hurt anyone physically or psychologically or cause any other harm.
4. I hereby agree that if found guilty of any aspect of ragging, I may be punished as per the provisions of the U.G.C Regulations mentioned above and/or as per the law in force.
5 . I hereby affirm that I have not been expelled or debarred from admission by any intuition.
Signed this _________________day of __________________month of ______________year
ANNEXURE – I, Part II
UNDERTAKING BY THE PARENT/GUARDIAN
1. I ____________________________________________________________________ Father/Mother/Gardian of_Ms./Shri. ___________________________________________ studying in I year Basic B.Sc., Nursing Course of 2013-14 batch, have carefully read and fully understood the law prohibiting ragging and the directions of the Supreme Court and the Central/State Government in this regard as well as the Grants Commission, New Delhi, regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009.
2. I assure you that my son/daughter/ward not indulge in any act of ragging.
3. I hereby agree that if he/she is found guilty of any aspect of ragging, he/she may be punished as per the provisions of the UGC Regulations mentioned above and/or as per the law in force.
Signed this _________________________day of ________________ month of _________________ Year